How to create a new admin agent
An agent with permission to edit the company or edit agents can add a new agent by navigating to Settings, and selecting "Agents".
- On the Agents page, click on the "New" button
- You can also add agentsby clicking the "+" on the top nav, and selecting "Add Agent"
Once the New Agent form pops up, you must enter at least a first name and email address to save the new agent. The agent will receive an invite to get signed in once you click Save.
What is my Tenant ID?
To find your Company/Tenant ID, navigate to Settings, and click on Tenant.
Here, directly under the name you selected for your company's account, you will see the Tenant ID.
Billing and licensing access from iPhone and iPad
To help reduce the cost of our service and avoid app store fees, there is no way for agents to manage licenses and billing through the iPhone or iPad applications. A super user can sign in using their browser to manage these options under Billing.
Convert back to free account
In order to convert back to a free account, navigate to billing and click 'Convert to free account', then click on 'Save changes'.
Contact us with additional questions.
Vertask allows users to take advantage of automation by integrating with Zapier. With Zapier, you can connect thousands of applications to Vertask to automatically create tickets, tasks, assets, and more.
In order to get to the Zapier integration page, you will need to be a super user;
- Integration page: https://vertask.com/work/plugins/zapier
Here, you can find your Zapier Key, and the company ID you will need in Zapier. Before you can use Zapier, the status must be set to Enabled on the integration page.
Sync Clients From Your Microsoft Azure Portal
1. Navigate to Azure Portal (https://portal.azure.com) and open Azure Active Directory.
2. On the left navigation menu, click App Registrations.
3. Next click + New Registration from the top of the page.
4. Now you can enter the name of your application and select whether your app is Single-tenant or Multitenant app. If you are unsure, it's most likely Single-tenant, but check with your Office 365 admin. Then hit Add
5. You are now on the' Overview' page as you now have the app registration created. Copy your Application (client) ID and Directory (tenant) ID; You will need them later.
6. You will need to create the 'Client secret' for your registered app.
7. We now have to make sure we have the appropriate permissions to sync users. Click API permissions on the left navigation.
- Click +Add a permission
- Select Microsoft Graph
- Select Application Permission
- Now, scroll down to User and check the box next to the permission User.Read.All
- Select the blue Add permission button at the bottom of the window to save the selection
- Finally, click the 'Grant admin consent for Organization' button, and select the blue Yes button to save changes.
8. Head over to Vertask Azure User Sync. (You must be a superuser in Vertask to do this.)
9. Set the status to enabled and specify and sync frequency.
10. Enter the Application (client) ID, Tenant ID, and Client secret you previously created.
11. Select if you want to sync external users from your Azure environment and whether you want to invite users to the client portal when they are synced.
12. Once all settings are correct, click the Save Changes button
13. At the top of the page, click Microsoft Azure
14. If you want to sync users immediately, or if you picked manual sync for the sync frequency, click the 'Sync users now' button.
How to manage tags
Tags allow you to tag tasks, assets, users, and sites so that you can search and do reporting later using those tags.
To remove, update, rename and merge tags, the agents with permission to edit the company or edit tags can do so under Settings > Tags.
- Click a tag name or description to change. Data is saved automatically.
- You can also merge duplicate tags using the "Merge" button on the top of the page.
Email to Task/Ticket Setup
To set up an email to task, you must forward emails from your mailbox to [email protected] from your existing mailbox. Simply configure a forward, a mailbox rule, or a transport rule to forward all emails or specific emails that match your rule.
After you forward emails from your mailbox to our ticketing, you now need to claim that email in the Vertask portal.
- Click New
- Enter the email address you forwarded in the form
- Click Configure
- You will be sent a verification code to the email address you forwarded. Click the link to verify ownership.
Once you click the verification link, validate that the config shows's 'verified' at the top.
Step 4 (optional)
On the same page, you can also configure additional properties, such as
- Permissions - agents or groups the emails tickets will be assigned to
- Enable or disable the rule
- Auto-create clients - create the sender if they do not exist. If disabled, a ticket will not be created if the sender does not exist.
- Invite auto-created clients to portal - if you enable the 'Auto-create clients' options, you can choose to auto-invite them to the client portal after being created.
- You can also delete the email config completely.
Email to Task/Ticket Troubleshooting
Email to Task/Ticket - Block Sender
Since we only process emails you forward, you can block and senders you do not want to create tickets using your own mailbox settings, or by excluding the emails from your email rules.